Friday 3 March 2017

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my new blog! I already have a blog about photography but in the past 8 months or so I have gotten into RC cars after an absence of many years!

This blog will feature mostly affordable stuff including toy grade conversions and hobby grade stuff that can be had for bargain prices too!

 I started out with a little Maisto Rock Crawler Junior and before long, the desire to modify it consumed me. Much to my joy, I discovered that modifying toy grade vehicles was actually a "thing". It's frowned upon by purists and elitists, often presents difficult challenges and usually isn't very logical but the appeal is obvious to anyone who's addicted to "tinkering". It might not make all that much sense but it can be incredibly satisfying to make something toy grade a little closer to hobby grade.

 During the past 8 months I've learned that some toy grade stuff lends itself to being upgraded very well. I've also learned that some toy grade stuff is really much closer to hobby grade and even surpasses entry level hobby grades in some ways, especially Nikko products from the "golden age" as well as Taiyo, Digitcon and others!

With all the fun I was having with hobby grade stuff, it wasn't long before I started grabbing a few hobby grade vehicles too, I'm on a tight budget so I made it my mission to find affordable stuff and it turns out there's plenty out there if you're willing to look!

This blog will feature build logs, random musings and thinking aloud and hopefully some good advice too. I've been soaking information up like a sponge for the past 8 months and I want to share that knowledge with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment